Housing Counseling

Consumer Credit Counseling Service, Inc. (CCCS) is a certified HUD housing counseling agency and we offer free counseling for consumers seeking to purchase a home or to consumers who are past due on their rent or mortgage payment.

Delinquent Mortgage or Rent Counseling 

CCCS offers free counseling to consumers whose rent or mortgage is delinquent. Our counselors can help consumers who are concerned about their delinquent housing, review the current situation, identify problems, and discuss options to resolve the situation.

Reverse Mortgage Counseling

CCCS also offers Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) or Reverse Mortgage counseling. At this time, the agency is charging a fee of $125 for Reverse Mortgage Counseling. Beginning January 1, 2023 that pricing will increase to $150. NCOA has a booklet available Use Your Home to Stay at Home that helps to explain what a reverse mortgage is and how it works. The booklet is offered at no cost.


You can pay for the HECM counseling online by clicking the “Buy Now” button below.      Buy Now Button


CCCS also provides Delinquent Reverse Mortgage (HECM) Counseling.  If you have concerns or questions about delinquency on your Reverse Mortgage, please contact our office at 785-827-6731.

Foreclosure Timeline

If you are facing foreclosure and interested in a timeline for foreclosure in Kansas, you may click this link for the foreclosure timeline that State of Kansas Attorney General uses on their website.

Additional Housing Resources

For your Protection: Get a home Inspection

Questions to Ask Your Home Inspector