How do you want to complete your education?
Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS) is a non-profit agency that provides financial counseling and education services. CCCS is organized and operates in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. CCCS receives funding in the form of grants from banks and other financial institutions that support financial counseling and education. We do not pay or receive fees or other compensation for referrals of debtors to our agency.
The credit counselors employed by CCCS have been trained and certified by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), and complete continuing education on a yearly basis.
- Clients with limited English proficiency will need to notify CCCS of the need for a translator, which will be provided free of charge.
- To help cover the cost of providing the Pre-Discharge education, this agency charges a fee of $40 for in person, phone, or on-line education. These fees apply to both those who are filing alone and to those filing jointly. This fee is used to cover the cost of the class, and no additional fee is charged for the creation of your certificate. If you pay online, PayPal may choose to charge a fee for their service on top of CCCS fees.
- CCCS waives fees for those whose household meets the low-income guidelines as established by the Department of Health and Human Services (income at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty guidelines for household size).
- You will only receive a certificate of debtor education if the you complete the Bankruptcy Pre-Discharge (Bankruptcy Education) course. Upon your completion of the course, CCCS has the obligation to promptly provide a certificate of course completion to you. If you have not received your certificate via email within 3 business days of completion, please contact our office at 316-265-2000.
- If requested, CCCS may also provide your attorney and /or bankruptcy judge/trustee with copies of the certificate, as well as any other required information related to the Pre-Discharge course. In the absence of such a request, you, and not CCCS, are responsible for providing a copy of the certificate of completion to your attorney and/or the court.
- Filing for bankruptcy may result in a lowered credit score. Bankruptcy will not improve your credit score and will appear on your credit report for up to 10 years. Please contact an attorney for more legal ramifications of filing Bankruptcy. CCCS employees are not attorneys.
- Employees of CCCS are not allowed to accept or make payments in exchange for referrals. However, a significant portion of funding for this agency comes from voluntary contributions from creditors who participate in DMPs under fair share agreements, due to their interest in having consumer debts repaid. As a non-profit agency, CCCS also receives funding through grants and donations, from agencies such as United Way of the Plains and the Office of the State Bank Commissioner of Kansas.
- CCCS might disclose client information to the United States Trustee (EOUST) in connection with the United States Trustee’s oversight of the agency, or during the investigation of complaints, during on-site visits, or during quality of service reviews.
- The EOUST has reviewed only the agency’s counseling and instructional services in regard to bankruptcy and has not reviewed or approved any other services that this agency provides.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service, Inc. (CCCS) has over 35 years of experience educating consumers and Debtors about money and credit. Our certified instructors have completed the certification program with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) and are required to continue their education yearly to maintain this highly regarded certification. Our agency is a member of the (NFCC). The NFCC has high standards for quality credit counseling and debtor education, and our agency complies with those standards. In addition, our agency is certified by the Council on Accreditation, an independent third-party organization that reviews and monitors entities who provide social services.
CCCS is a non-profit agency. We are organized and operate in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. CCCS receives funding in the form of grants from banks and other financial institutions that support financial counseling and education. We do not pay or receive fees or other considerations for referrals of debtor students to our agency. CCCS is obligated to provide your certificate promptly upon completion of instruction, and we will do this within 3 business days upon the completion of your course. You will only receive your certificate upon completion of Post-filing debtor education course. CCCS might disclose debtor information to the Executive Office for the United States Trustee (EOUST) in connection with the United States Trustee’s oversight of the Provider, or during the investigation of complaints, during onsite visits, or during quality of service reviews. The EOUST has only reviewed and approved Pre-filing credit counseling and Post-filing debtor education services. CCCS does offer services to help with unsecured debt if needed.
How to Complete the Education
The education course was put into place to help give those filing some new financial tools and advice to help them start over financially. The course will help you focus on establishing new goals, building a new spending plan and learning how to restore and rebuild your credit.
If you are completing this process in-person, you will attend one of our pre-scheduled classes and you can register by calling our office. Our classroom is located behind the elevators in the lobby of our Wichita office. When you complete this counseling in person the counselor will provide you copies of your certificate after the class.
If you are completing this process online then you will need to register with our online program Money in Motion by paying through our PayPal link below. Once you pay you will receive an email with your User ID and password and you just need to complete the course on your own time. Upon the completion of Money in Motion our agency will provide you a certificate of completion promptly, no later than 3 business days from the completion.
If you are completing this process over the phone, you will call into our conference line to one of our pre-scheduled classes and you can register by calling our office. When you register with our office we will send you out a packet of information that will tell you how to access the class. When you complete this counseling over the phone you will receive your certificate of completion once we receive the proper paperwork in our office either by mail, fax or email.