It’s almost that time of year again to head back to school and for most people that means buying school supplies. However, there are some ways that you can get the most out of your money and not break the bank over these essentials.
- Don’t spend money on supplies that you already have and might be tucked away in closets or that are still in good condition from last year.
- Only buy the supplies that are necessary and are on the list provided by the school or teacher.
- Shop at the dollar store, they have great bargains on basic supplies.
- Track the sales at each store such as Target or Wal-Mart and only buy the supplies you need that are on sale at each store. P.S. don’t forget to check online for sales as well.
- Buy bulk amounts of supplies to get you through the entire school year, especially after school starts and supplies go on clearance.
- Set a budget for yourself and/or your kids and stick to it.
- Buy supplies over the entire summer so you don’t have to spend the money all at once.
- Don’t be afraid to buy generic supplies, you can save yourself a couple of dollars by doing this, and the kids can always decorate the supplies however they want.
- Check online or in print for coupons or even mobile apps, like Cartwheel for Target, offer extra savings.
- Wait to buy items that they won’t need until later in the school year until they go on clearance after school starts.
- Plan on packing lunches for the kids during the year, you can prep them all on Sunday night and just put them in the lunch bag on the morning of and send them off.
- Shop for clothes that are on sale or at places like Goodwill and Plato’s Closet.
Hopefully you found some of these tips useful and they help you save some money during the back-to-school season.